We are excited to welcome student volunteers (ages 13+) into our virtual volunteer program for the 2021-2022 school year. Rising freshmen (and up) are eligible to earn Bright Futures community service hours for the time and tasks completed with us.
As we are a Florida-based non-profit, it is our mission to become a cherished place for high school students to volunteer. We were a virtual organization before it was trendy and we’ve been supporting those living with long-term illnesses for years! Our hope is to invite students in to learn about the patient side of life with a longterm illness or rare disease so that they can become better providers to patients in their post-college careers. Though we are an online organization, we have standards and expectations of all students around work, communication, and accountability. We have seen how the students are positively impacted by helping others and we’re excited to continue expanding our programs.
We have this program for high school students:
Student Card Crew: This program is for students who want to earn volunteer hours each month sending cards to patients in need some extra encouragement and cheer. These cards are for specific patients (we call them Warriors!) and all cards must be sent by the deadline each month.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up on our website. (Please allow up to a week for processing).
- Receive an initial email with a link to the Student Application.
- Sign your Volunteer Agreement and Schedule a 15 min introductory call.
- If you are selected to join us, you will receive an email with a welcome packet and important information.
Things to know before you sign up:
- Though we serve those living with illnesses, we are all about fun and lighthearted support!
- Because we are an online organization, we set expectations for students to adhere to so that we can sign off on all volunteer hours.
- Students will have an online hours log and be expected to check in on the Remind App.
- There is a monthly zoom update meeting to keep all volunteers on track with projects.
- Students will be responsible for keeping their hours log + documentation of all cards and tasks for verification of work completed.
Students can apply for one of our volunteer spots here: https://chronicwarriors.org/get-involved/
TO ALL OF YOU: Thanks for being a part of this mission with us! Together, we are going to impact lives of illness warriors worldwide!
To corporations/organizations: We are seeking sponsors to partner with us for the summer and into the 2022-2023 school year. Our current opportunities can be seen in the pdf below and you can connect with us here. We look forward to chatting soon!