High School Students
Bright Futures Program
Welcome student volunteers!
Our Mission: To send 100,000 cards of encouragement and hope to those living with long-term illness, rare disease, disability or long-COVID by December 2023 and to facilitate empathy and understanding between these illness warriors and the high school students in our programs.
We are excited to welcome student volunteers (ages 13+) into our virtual volunteer program for the 2022-2023 school year. Rising freshmen (and up) are eligible to earn Bright Futures community service hours for the time and tasks completed with us.
Here’s how it works:
- Fill out the initial application form below.
- Once it is reviewed, we will send a follow up email with an invitation to fill out our full application.
- Next, we’ll schedule your interview and introductory call.
- If you are selected to join us, you will receive instructions and portal login information.
Things to know before you sign up:
- Though we serve those living with illnesses, we are all about fun and lighthearted support!
- Because we are an online organization, we set expectations for students to adhere to so that we can sign off on all volunteer hours.
- There is a bi-monthly check-in to keep all volunteers on track with card projects.
- Students are required to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours per month.
- Students will be responsible for keeping their hours log + online documentation of all cards and tasks for verification of work completed.
With Thanks to our Partners / Sponsors
H.S. Student Initial Application
"*" indicates required fields